What is this?
Daycos4Good Youth Make a Difference Grants are an exciting opportunity for young people in northeast Nebraska to make a difference in their communities through philanthropy. Philanthropy is sharing your time, talent, and treasure with others to make something better and help others.
Daycos will provide funding for community projects created and initiated by youth that help the community grow and change for the better.
What is my community?
Your community could be your town, your school, or a club, group, or organization that you belong to. Funding will go to projects that have a positive impact on northeast Nebraska communities and are charitable in nature, which means they have to focus on serving the public interest or common good.
How Do I Apply for Funds for My Project?
- Read through the requirements section to see if your idea qualifies for Daycos4Good Funding.
- Think through your idea, how much it will cost, and who will help you and make a plan for how you will best use the funding to make a difference.
- Decide what organization will receive the funding.
- Daycos can only grant to a 501(c)3 organization (which is a nonprofit organization like an animal shelter, hospital, or homeless shelter, whose purpose is to help) or a political subdivision (which would be like a city or school), so you need to have a partner organization for your project.
- If your project is for something at your school, your school can be your partner. If it is for a nonprofit in your community, such as a museum, rescue mission, or youth group, those organizations can serve as your partner.
- Just be sure you talk to someone at the organization you want to help, and they are ok with your idea, before you submit your application.
- Contact Daycos with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form below and submit.
All projects must fit into one of the following areas in order to receive funding from Daycos. Your project has a better chance of being funded if it fits in more than one category, so mark all that apply.
- Developing, Inspiring and Building Capacity in Leadership
- (What kinds of things fit here? – Ideas that help build, grow, and inspire leaders or leadership in our community)
- Growing Our Future Through Our Youth
- (What kinds of things fit here? – Ideas that help kids, teenagers, and young adults in the community)
- Using Innovative Technology to Equalize and Improve Lives
- (What kinds of things fit here? – Ideas that have to do with using technology to help people in the community)
- Serving Those Who Serve (military, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement)
- (What kinds of things fit here? – Ideas that help people in our community who are police officers, fire fighters, EMT’s, veterans, or are in the military)
- Provide as much detail as possible about your project idea, how it will help people, and how you will spend the money. That will help our selection committee decide if we can fund your project.
- Daycos’ employees love volunteering, so please let us know if your project has any opportunities for us to help out.
- We love to work with projects that fit with who we are and what we care about, so be sure to read through our Community Investment Philosophy and tell us in your application why you think your idea is a good fit.
The current Daycos4Good Youth Make a Difference funding period has ended.